Register with us as a New Patient

When you attend the Practice to register you will be asked to complete a GP registration form, and new patient questionnaire form. These must be completed before you see the Doctor. If you have a NHS Medical Card please bring this with you.

The receptionist will offer you a new patient appointment. Acceptance on to the list is as at the discretion of the Doctor. We will ask you for proof of identity.

There are a number of reasons why you may not be able to register with your chosen GP. For example, you may live too far away. If this is the case simply choose another GP in your local area.

The practice area covers the villages of Blackwood, Kirkmuirhill, Lesmahagow, Auchenheath and Boghead within the postal districts of ML11 .

Medical treatment is available from date of registration.Your medical records may take several weeks to arrive at the Practice.

All new patients with any repeat (long term) prescription must see the nurse (and/or the doctor as appropriate) before these can be prescribed.

Download the forms

You can download and complete the forms below. You can then print and hand them BOTH in to the Surgery along with proof of identification and address.

New Patient Registration Form

Patient Guide to GP Services

Temporary Registration

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice, you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient, although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Please attend the Practice if you wish to register as a temporary resident.